TANTRIK ROOTS | Yoga History, Philosophy & Myth with R.R. Shakti, PhD
The Tantrik Roots MasterCourse spans through yoga’s historical foundations—from the Vedas to the Tantrik texts—with emphasis on the aims, theories, and practices of Vedanta, Sankhya, Classical yoga, Tantrik puja, and meditation. Students will gain a working understanding of Tantra as it has evolved from its tribal origins to Neo-Tantric interpretations.
- SURVEY THE HISTORICAL ROOTS OF YOGA FROM THE VEDA TO TANTRA.
- ENGAGE THE TEXTS WITH REAL-WORLD INTERPRETATION & APPLICATION.
- DEEPEN YOUR EXPERIENCE OF YOGA AS A MEANINGFUL MYSTIC TRADITION.
This online weekend MasterCourse provides a deep exploration of the historical texts and teachings of yoga.
- LEARN YOGA STORIES: Contemplate some of the archetypes and symbols that animate the Vedas, Upanishads, Puranas and Tantras as they invite you into absolute freedom.
- DEEPEN YOUR PRACTICE: Learn tools and teachings, including mantra, yantra, mudra, and nyasa from the Shiva/Shakta traditions that inspired the practices of Hatha Yoga.
- VIBRATE HIGHER: Broaden your experience of the 4 Cores and Spanda Kriyas as they are amplified through historical teachings of Yoga and Tantra.
- IMAGINE RADICAL FREEDOM: Invite yourself into a real-world experience of radical freedom as it is promised through the mystic traditions of yoga.
MasterCourses are HYBRID yoga education programs, including One/One Mentorship, Live Zoom Practice/Discussion + Pre-recorded Sessions Online.
Register for the individual MasterCourse weekend or apply to attend the entire MasterCourse Series for 300-hour Certification.
(CEUs are available for Certified Yoga Teachers.)